Implementation of GB/T 19056-2023 Standard for Tachographs10. August 2023
On April 3, 2023, the communication meeting of TC11 and TC15 expert groups on “Implementation of National Specifications for Tachographs” was held in Beijing. Vehicle recorders and similar products are generally covered by the CCC certification requirement.
CCC certification is a compulsory certification that is mandatory for many product categories to be approved for export and sales in China. It is used to ensure product quality and safety, which roughly equivalent to European CE certification. However, China does not recognize CE, so CCC certification must be applied for and acquired.
At the meeting, the following points were determined:
1. The implementation of national standard GB/T 19056-2023 shall continue to be handled according to the decisions of the expert group.
2. Car manufacturers should only install car recorders that meet the requirements for new models. These shall apply to all new models after June 1, 2023.
3. Vehicles produced before the aforementioned deadline do not have to be re-equipped.
4. It was acknowledged that retrofitting can be difficult in individual cases, but car manufacturers should nevertheless press ahead with speeding up the process.
5. The expert group will promote implementation, build a centralized platform, and provide effective installation support.
For more information on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, please visit our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via email, Chat, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded as a PDF file. The brochure also contains information on the CCC Self-Declaration and the voluntary CQC- and CCAP-Certification).