New CQC Implementation Rules for Indirect Vision Devices in the Automotive Sector16. March 2023
Automotive indirect vision devices intended for import and use in China usually require a CQC certification. For these product groups, the China Quality Certification Centre (CQC) published new implementation rules on December 30, 2022. As a result, the implementation rule CQC16-491201-2022 came into force on January 1, 2023, replacing the previous version CQC16-491201-2020.
Some of the changes for indirect vision devices in the automotive sector include:
- The GB Standards are now listed with year version number. For example: GB 15084 to GB 15084-2013, GB 17352 to GB 17352-2010.
- The CQC marking has been removed from the implementation rules. The CCC marking is still relevant as indirect vision devices are still subject to the mandatory CCC requirement.
- GB standards distinguish between motor vehicles and motorcycles/mopeds.
- If, in special circumstances, it is not possible to carry out an on-site inspection at the factory, the inspection will be carried out in accordance with the guidelines for remote inspections set out in the CQC Product Certification Requirements.
- It is possible to have an electronic certificate issued. However, the original certificate remains the official document.
- If a manufacturer is already certified and opens a new plant within its group of companies or relocates its existing plant, it may be able to obtain the CQC certificate. In this case, product tests must be passed, and a factory visit must be carried out. However, the visit must take place within three months of receiving the certificate and it is at the CQC’s discretion whether to allow this in individual cases.
For more information on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, please visit our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, Chat, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded as a PDF file. The brochure also contains information on the CCC Self-Declaration and the voluntary CQC- and CCAP-Certification).