CNCA and SAMR confirm the adjustment of the CCC catalog and implementing regulations3. November 2022
On September 17, 2022, the General Office of the State Council of the PRC issued a new announcement on the adjustment and simplification of the CCC Catalog. Lithium-ion batteries and power supplies/chargers with high safety risks will be included in the compulsory certification management (CCC) certification, while the formerly compulsory CCC will no longer be implemented for 9 product categories such as data terminals, multimedia terminals audio power amplifiers and others with low safety risks and more mature technology (see article: Adjustment of the CCC catalog regarding Li-ion batteries, power supplies and other products).
Until now, most information technology devices required CCC certification in China. The announcement of the simplification of regulations is divided into four sections:
- 9 types of electronic products that are considered very low risk will not require CCC in the future.
- the corresponding products will be removed from the implementing regulations CNCA-C08-01:2014 and CNCA-C16-01:2014. Implementing rule CNCA-C19-01:2014 will be removed in its entirety.
- the scope will be adjusted by the authority and laboratories.
- the competent authority will refrain from certifications of the affected products in the future.
This information is made according to announcement No. 34, 2022 of SAMR (State Administration for Market Regulation) and announcement of CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration) on Oct. 11, 2022.
Thus, the new CCC catalog is effective immediately.
Products removed from the CCC catalog (9 types):
- active loudspeaker systems with one or more loudspeakers with a maximum output power below 500 W (R.M.S.) (Category No.: 0801, CNCA-C08-01: 2014).
- audio power amplifiers (Category No.: 0802, CNCA-C08-01: 2014)
- various carrier forms of audio and video recording, reproducing, and processing equipment (including various types of optical discs, tapes, hard disks, and other carrier forms) (Category-No.: 0805, 0812, CNCA-C08-01: 2014)
- electronic piano (Category No.: 0813, CNCA-C08-01: 2014)
- cordless telephone terminal equipment (Category No.: 1604, CNCA-C16-01: 2014)
- data terminal (category no.: 1608, CNCA-C16-01: 2014)
- multimedia terminal (category no.: 1609, CNCA-C16-01: 2014)
- intruder detector (category no.: 1901, CNCA-C19-01: 2014)
- anti-theft alarm system controls (Category No.: 1902, CNCA-C19-01: 2014).Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
Please don’t hesitate to also use our chat-window in the bottom right corner if you have any questions. (Please check your browser settings if you can’t see the window)You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded right here as a PDF file.