New GB standard GB 16897 for brake hoses in vehicles, motorcycles, mopeds and trailers27. January 2022
A new GB Standard for brake hoses is expected to come into force on July 1, 2022. The previously used GB 16897-2010 standard was implemented in July 2011 and has now been comprehensively revised. The new GB 16897 standard makes it necessary to update existing voluntary CCAP and CQC certificates as well as existing national test reports. According to the. A transition period of 12-18 months is usually granted for manufacturers for this purpose. The transition period will be officially announced after the new GB Standard is formally introduced.
The main changes in the new GB 16897 standard are:
- The term “brake hose” has been redefined
- The term “nominal inside diameter” has been revised and the term “nominal outside diameter” has been added
- Hydraulic brake hose assemblies have received new performance requirements and test methods with “quick tensile strength” and “dynamic ozone resistance” also being added
- Test procedures for hydraulic brake hose assemblies such as “inner hole throughput after necking”, “intermiscibility of brake fluid”, “cold resistance” and “ozone resistance” were revised
- For pneumatic brake hose assemblies, new performance requirements and test methods for “flexural fatigue” were added
- For vacuum brake line assemblies, the performance requirements and test methods for “heat resistance,” “cold resistance” and “fuel resistance” have been revised
- Performance requirements and test methods for plastic pneumatic brake hose assembly were added
- For vacuum brake hose assemblies, the performance requirements and test methods for “heat resistance”, “cold resistance” and “fuel resistance” were revised
- The term “burst” and its definition were deleted
- For pneumatic brake hose assemblies, the technical requirements and test methods for “zinc chloride resistance” were deleted
As with previous adaptations of GB standards, it is expected that product re-testing will be required to verify product compliance.
Please feel free to contact us for more information. Send us an email or call us at +49-69-2713769150 (in Europe) or +1-773-654-2673 (in the Americas)
You can also get detailed information about CCC certification in general on our website and learn more about GB standards, the CCC certification process and the costs. You can also find information on our CCC certification package in detail and get an overview of our references.