New CQC Implementation Rules CQC16-491284-2022 for Automotive Brake Hoses16. February 2023
On Dec. 30, 2022 the CQC updated the Implementation Rules for brake hoses in China, following the related GB standard GB16897-2022 published a few months earlier. The new Implementation Rule CQC16-491284-2022 officially replaced the previous version as of January 1, 2023. Automotive brake hoses fall under the voluntary CQC certification or voluntary CCAP certification in China. In contrast, numerous other automotive products still require a mandatory CCC certification.
The content modifications of CQC16-491284-2022 compared to former CQC16-491284-2018 include:
- The number of required test samples, which has been increased to 44 (or 52 in special cases) for hydraulic brake hoses, 20 for rubber brake hoses and 68 for plastic air brake hoses, or 10 for vacuum brake hose assemblies respectively
- A remote option for factory inspections if on-site audits cannot take place due to specific circumstances.
- The issuance of e-certificates before printing of the actual certificate. These do not replace the printed versions.
- The possibility of receiving the certificate before the initial audit is completed. This option is only available, however, if the new plant to be certified is part of an already certified company group, if the product tests have been successfully completed, and if the inspection takes place within three months after certificate issuance.
- A new template for the CoP implementation report.
All updates are relevant for certified brake hose manufacturers as well as their customers and involved suppliers.
The Chinese GB Standards and Implementation Rules are regularly revised by the authorities, often having considerable implications for the corresponding product manufacturers. Updates are usually not announced and must be independently tracked and implemented by certified factories. Failure to do so may result in severe consequences, including withdrawal of certification.
For more information on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, please visit our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, Chat, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673). You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded as a PDF file. The brochure also contains information on the CCC Self-Declaration and the voluntary CQC- and CCAP-Certification).