CQC: New GB Standard for the Voluntary CQC Mark Certification of Communication Protocols Between Off-Board Conductive Charger and Battery Management System for Electric Vehicle9. May 2016
In addition to the new GB standards for the Voluntary CQC Mark Certification of “Conductive Charging Systems for Electric Vehicles” (GB/T18487-2015) and “Connection Sets of Conductive Charging for Electric Vehicles” (GB/T 20234-2015) the SAC (Standardization Administration of the People’s Republic of China) and AQSIQ (General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People’s Republic of China) also issued a new version of the GB standard for the Voluntary CQC Mark Certification of “communication protocols between off-board conductive charger and battery management system for electric vehicle” (GB/T 27930-2015). This new version was implemented on January 1, 2016 and replaces the old version of 2011.
The main technical changes that were added are as follows:
- 50 kbit/s communication rate may be adopted as agreement between power equipment manufacturer and electric vehicle manufacturer in the bad communication environment (e.g. commercial vehicle charging station with longer communication distance).
- Reasons for BMS`s suspending charging failure are added.
- Charging sequence flow chart.
- Failure process modes in charging
- Start and suspension conditions for message transmission.
Since this announcement manufacturers can apply for certification in accordance with the new GB-standard or apply for the update of existing certificates with the CQC.
The Chinese certification authority CQC often publishes important announcements on their website. Check our News-page from time to time where you will find updates regarding new announcements from the certifying authorities.
You can find more information about the Voluntary CQC Mark Certification here.
If you have any questions regarding Voluntary CQC Mark Certification, please don’t hesitate to contact us any time. Write an email or call us directly (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49-69-2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).