CNCA implementation rules for E-Bikes updated22. July 2021
On June 23, 2021, CNCA announced changes to China’s implementation rules for product certification of electric bicycles. Electric bicycles and components can fall under the CCC certification requirement and may need to be certified to be approved for use and sale in the Chinese market.
The latest version of the implementation rules for e-bikes in China is the “Compulsory Product Certification Implementation Rules – Electrical Bicycles” (CNCA-C11-16:2021). The most significant change in the new version is that certificates can now be issued in electronic form as PDFs. The CCC certification processes can require many documents; the changes are particularly intended to ease the burden on authorities, as this ensures simplified document handling.
The most important information about CNCA-C11-16:2021 at a glance:
– Introduction of electronic certificates in PDF format
– Updated requirements for product certificates: DIN A4 format is no longer mandatory
– Clearer division of responsibilities between authority, auditors and test laboratories
– More precise information on unit classification
– The validity of already issued certificates remains valid
– Validity of certificates continues to be 5 years
– Test reports will only be accepted from recognized test laboratories
– Regular inspections are required after certification
E-bikes are experiencing increasing popularity in Germany and other countries. Sales have also risen continuously in China since 2010. In general, China is considered the most important sales market for e-bikes worldwide.
For more information on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, the process, and the associated costs, please visit our website and our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
Please don’t hesitate to also use our chat-window in the bottom right corner if you have any questions. (Please check your browser settings if you can’t see the window)
You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded right here as a PDF file or you consult our book (in English) “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be found directly here on Amazon.