CCC: New Version of GB Standard GB 18296 for Automobile Fuel Tanks to be Announced19. May 2016
The Chinese authority SAC (Standardization Administration of the People’s Republic of China) is obtaining relevant expert statements in order to update GB 18296-2001 (safety property requirements and test methods for automobile fuel tank). This GB Standard became effective 15 years ago and has not been updated since. The new version will be adjusted according to the latest technological standards.
At this time there is only a draft version which may be changed by the time the final version of the new GB 18296 is released. The new version is similar to ECE-R34 (uniform provisions concerning the approval of vehicles with regard to the prevention of fire risks) and contains among others the following changes:
- Increased requirements for vibration protection of fuel tanks and related test methods
- Increased fire protection requirements for vehicle rollover and corresponding test methods
- Increased requirements on the resistance and fire protection of plastic tanks and corresponding test methods
- Increased requirements for the installation of fuel tanks
- Increased fire safety requirements and test methods for vehicle collisions
- Elimination of the requirement of opening pressure of the safety valve due to the introduction of automatic devices for balancing the internal overpressure or underpressure.
Are you looking for more information regarding the new GB Standard for automobile fuel tanks? Do you have any questions about the application for certification modification? If so, please call or email us anytime. Write us an Email or call us: UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 692713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673.
Also check our website if you want more information regarding CCC certification, the CCC certification process, CCC costs, and more information about our all-inclusive CCC certification package. You may want to look at our references page to see what some our clients have to say about us.
For more detailed information, please download our free booklet “CCC Made Easy” here. You may also consider our book “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be ordered directly on Amazon here.