CCAP announces Launch of Electric Vehicle charging Equipment Certification1. February 2024
China Automotive Certification Center Co., Ltd. (CCAP) has announced on January 28, 2024 the initiation of CCAP mark certification for electric vehicle charging equipment. This certification adheres to several standards, including GB/T 18487.1-2015 and GB/T 18487.2-2017, among others, covering various aspects like general requirements, electromagnetic compatibility, and communication protocols. Many products and components related to E-Mobility require CCC Certification in order to be approved for import and sales on the Chinese market.
For this purpose, CCAP has created the implementation rules document CCAP-GZ-464230: 2024 “CCAP Mark Certification Implementation Rules for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment”.
From the announcement date, CCAP will accept certification requests via their business system, email, or post. This move is a significant step in standardizing and ensuring the quality and safety of electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Certification of this product category will be conducted according to the following standards:
- GB/T 18487.1-2015 Electric vehicle conductive charging system Part 1 : General requirements
- GB/T 18487.2-2017 Electric vehicle conductive charging system Part 2 : Electromagnetic compatibility requirements for non-vehicle conductive power supply equipment
- GB/T 27930-2015 Communication protocol between off-board conductive charger and battery management system for electric vehicles
- GB/T 34657.1-2017 Electric Vehicle Conducted Charging Interoperability Test Specification Part 1 : Power Supply Equipment
- GB/T 34658-2017 Conformance test of communication protocol between off-board conductive charger and battery management system of electric vehicles
- GB/T 39752-2021 Safety Requirements and Test Specifications for Electric Vehicle Power Supply Equipment
- NB/T 10902-2021 Technical conditions and installation requirements for off-board chargers of 20kW and below
- NB/T 33001-2018 Technical Conditions for Off-Board Conductive Chargers for Electric Vehicles
- NB/T 33002-2018 Technical Conditions for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment
- NB/T 33008.1-2018 Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Inspection and Test Specifications Part 1 : Off-board Chargers
- NB/T 33008.2-2018 Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Inspection and Test Specifications Part 2 : AC Charging Piles
For more information on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, please visit our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via email, Chat, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded as a PDF file. The brochure also contains information on the CCC Self-Declaration and the voluntary CQC- and CCAP-Certification).