New CQC Implementation Rules for Retro-Reflectors in the Automotive Sector27. April 2023
On December 30, 2022, the CQC (China Quality Certification Centre) published a set of new implementation rules, which included a new rule for automotive retro-reflectors.The old implementation rule CQC16-491286-2018 has been superseded by the new version CQC16-491286-2022, which has been in effect since January 1, 2023.For all retro reflectors to be imported, sold and used in China, CQC certification is mandatory.
New features of the implementing regulation for retro-reflectors include:
- The relevant annual version number will be listed with the new version at the end of the GB standard name. Ex: GB 11564 to GB 11564-2008
- Specifications were removed from the definition of relevant product categories, making them more openly defined.
- Several items have been added to the implementation report
- In addition to the original certificate, a supplementary E-certificate can now be issued, but this does not replace the original certificate.
- If, due to special local circumstances, an on-site audit for a plant is not possible, a remote audit is permitted under certain conditions.
- In individual cases, a manufacturer may be certified prior to the audit in the event of a plant relocation or the establishment of a new plant within the same group of companies, provided that the product has been successfully tested. The audit should then be made up within 3 months of certification.
We will be happy to provide you with individual information on the effects of the new regulations on your existing and future certifications.
Information about how the CCC certification, the CCC self-declaration or the voluntary CQC and CCAP certification could affect your company, or information about the CCC certification in general, can be found in our news section. There you will find up-to-date information twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details and advice. You can write to us via email or chat, or call us at +49692713769150.
You can also view our free CCC brochure, which you can download as a PDF file. (The brochure also contains information on the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CQC and CCAP certification).