SAC Published 498 Standards for the Chinese Market2. October 2014
The Chinese authority SAC (Standardization Administration of China) published 498 national standards in 2014, of these 122 are mandatory standards and 376 are voluntary standards. The purpose of these standards are:
- Promotion of environmental protection and resource conservation
- Promotion of safety
- Development of the logistics sector
- Development of agricultural sector
The New Standards Strengthen the Requirements of the Existing Standards
More than 30 standards have been published in regards to environmental protection and resource conservation with the focus on energy efficiency, water conservation, industrial waste discharge, and overall consumption for industrial products.
The 58 new standards in regards to promoting safety mainly apply to automotive, automotive components (e.g. car tyres), fire protection, toys, consumable goods, hygiene and food products. These products are currently subject to the CCC certification obligation and the associated safety standards (GB Standards), but the new standards have been enhanced to more stringent rules.
12 standards were published that affect the logistics sector, including requirements for the standardization of shipping pallets and testing options of imported products.
For more detailed information please download our free booklet “CCC Made Easy” here. You may also consider our book “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be ordered directly on Amazon here.
China Certification Corporation consults manufacturers with every aspect of their certification for the Chinese market
- We provide information regarding regulatory changes and updates.
- Straightforward, transparent management of the certification process
- All-inclusive consulting through our German, Chinese and US based offices
- Important contacts to all relevant Chinese institutions
- No Chinese language skills are required, we will handle all of the necessary communications with the certifying authorities and test labs for you
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information on the Chinese standards
Write us an Email or call us: Germany: +49 69 271 3769 150, UK: +44 2071931135,
US: +1 773 654 2673