New Guidelines for Wireless Products in China6. August 2019
In China wireless products fall under the State Radio Regulation of China (SRRC) issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). Producers of wireless products are required to have their products tested and certified under the SRRC scheme.
According to the recent SRRC announcement, SRRC certified products (including SRRC approved modules, excluding short-range micro power devices), must follow a sales reporting process backdated to March 1, 2019. Which means the selling entity (be it the manufacturer, the reseller, or the importer) needs to register with the MIIT via a web portal within 10 business days of shipment to the end-customer. What’s important here: the registering entity needs to be located within China. If the selling entity is not in China, for example if the OEM sells directly to its end-customers, then a local representative within China will need to be arranged (similar to the initial certification process). If an OEM has several resellers, each individual reseller will need to register separately with the MIIT.
Upon registration the registering entity will be issued a registration number and a QR code by MIIT. The QR code is for end-customers to check for product and certification information. The registration number and QR code must be displayed at the location of where the product is being sold, whether that’s a store or on a website. In other cases they need to be kept on file.
If this process is not finished and registration not obtained by the selling entity, they can receive a fine of up to $5,000 USD by the MIIT, but the certified manufacturer might also lose their certification.
If you are interested in the SRRC Type Approval for telecommunication equipment, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- We will provide you with a non-binding check to see if your product(s) need an SRRC Type Approval.
- We will provide you with a non-binding, transparent, all-inclusive quotation stating the costs and time needed to get the SRRC Type Approval.
If you decide to use our services:
- We will take over all communications with the Chinese test lab and certification authorities. In case that product tests and a factory inspection by MIIT are needed, we take over all the necessary steps.
- We will pay all application and testing fees needed at the Chinese authorities.
- We will do everything to ensure you a smooth and quick SRRC Type Approval
We are here to help even if you just have questions regarding the SRRC Type Approval or Network Access License (NAL). Send us an Email or call us:
UK: +44 2071931135 email: email@example.com
Europe: +49 69 2713769150 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
US: +1 773 654-2673 email: email@example.com
It would be a pleasure to support you.