New GB standard published for Safety Specifications for Power-driven Vehicles17. September 2019
To ensure the effective implementation of the mandatory product certification system (China CCC Certification), on 28 August 2019, the TC11 technical expert group issued the technical resolution TC11-2019-01, the implementation of the Technical Requirements for the Safety of Motor Vehicle Operation of GB 7258-2017/XG1-2019.
The new requirements of the Technical Resolution are more specific and detailed:
- The maximum allowable loading weight of the traction rod trailer shall be less than or equal to the maximum allowable loading weight of the train.
- New report of concrete pump truck, truck crane and operation vehicle for oil field which total mass is lower than 1.2 times of the curb weight are required.
- Any passenger car larger than or equal to six meters with a passenger standing area, bus without a passenger station standing area and passenger car with a length more than nine meters shall have isolation facilities in its driving area to prevent others from invading the driving area. Isolation facilities should not affect safe driving and emergency evacuation of occupants.
- Flat plated truck shall not have inserted pile structure, groove, container lock and other devices. Flat plate truck and stake truck should not have lifting function or dump structure.
- The container shall be a closed dedicated container, and the vehicle shall be equipped with a loading and unloading or lifting machine to lift the container to the vehicle. Or can lift the dedicated container or frame to achieve the exchange of container.
The new regulation will be implemented from 1st August 2019 and will require the applicants to complete the changes within 12 months.
For more information on how CCC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, the process, and the associated costs, please visit our website and our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded right here as a PDF file or you consult our book (in English) “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be found directly hier on Amazon.