New GB Standard GB 9656 for safety glass in vehicles13. February 2020
Based on current information the new GB Standard for Safety Glass will become effective on July 1, 2020. The Standard GB 9656-2003 was implemented in April 2004 and has now been totally revised. The standard is relevant for the CCC certification.
The main changes are:
- Additional terms and definition
- Additional requirements for “rigid plastic glazing pane”
- Additional general rule for test methods
- Additional head impact and abrasive test for thick laminate glass
- Additional contents about glazing materials with facial plastic film
- Revised glass classification
- Revised test zone for windscreen glass
- Revised non-test zone
- Revised requirements for fire resistance
- Deleted color identification requirements
- Deleted the requirements of zone tempered glass
Similar to former GB-Standard updates it is very likely that new product testing will be required to ensure product conformity.
We will gladly assist you with the product testing in China. Are you looking for more information regarding the new GB Standard for automobile/truck safety glass? Do you have any questions about the application for certification modification? If so, please call or email us anytime. Write us an Email or call us: UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 692713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673.
For more information on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, the process, and the associated costs, please visit our website and our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.