New GB standard for vehicle safety glass GB9656-2021 release set9. September 2021
The new GB Standard GB9656-2021 replaces GB9656-2003 and will be implemented on the 1st Jan 2023.
This standard specifies the terms and definitions, classification and technical requirements as well as testing methods and determination rules related to the safety characteristics of motor vehicle glass. The specific testing requirements can be found in the related GB standard: GB/T 5137.
This standard is applicable for glass of motor vehicles, including M, N, O, L, cabs, agricultural and Forestry specific vehicles.
It does NOT apply to lighting and signaling devices of such vehicles.
The changes can be classified in two categories: 1) newly added terms and definitions and 2) revisions.
The most important changes are as follows:
- Newly added Terms and definitions
- addition of rigid plastic glass
- added requirements for heads-up display glass
- added requirements for the test method of the abrasion resistance of thick laminated safety glass
- film glazing, added content
- Modified sample requirements after impact resistance of laminated glass for the windshield
- Deleted classification of main technical requirements and general technical requirements as well as color requirements
- Deleted references to regional tempered safety glass
- Deleted laminated safety glass and plastic glass composites other than the front windshield with a test piece as a specimen of the human head model impact test
- Deleted general technical requirements and inspection rules
- Deleted requirements for packaging, marking, transportation, storage
For more information on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, the process, and the associated costs, please visit our website and our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
Please don’t hesitate to also use our chat-window in the bottom right corner if you have any questions. (Please check your browser settings if you can’t see the window)
You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded right here as a PDF file or you consult our book (in English) “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be found directly here on Amazon.