New CQC Implementation Rule for Exterior Lighting and Directional Indicators on Vehicles9. February 2023
During the publication of the new Implementation Rules which the CQC (China Quality Certification Centre) announced on December 30, 2022, new Implementation Rules for CQC certification on exterior lighting for vehicles were also announced. The new Implementation Rule CQC16-491269-2022 replaces the previous version CQC16-491269-2020 and became effective on January 1, 2023. The CQC Certification is relevant for automotive lights sold in China. CCC Certification is also mandatory in China through a CCC Self-Declaration process.
Changes for automotive exterior lighting include:
- The scope of the regulations has been changed to mainly cover vehicles in categories M and N, but can be used for guidance for other vehicle categories
- The new test standard GB 23255-2019 has been included in the regulations.
- The duration of audits for automotive exterior lighting has been specified in more detail
- If audits are not possible due to local circumstances, the CQC may allow a remote audit to be conducted
- When relocating a factory or opening a new site of an already certified manufacturer within the same group of companies, the CQC may allow the producer to obtain the CQC certificate in advance after passing product tests, and then conduct the factory audit. The audit must then take place within 3 months of the certificate being issued. The CQC decides individually for each case whether the manufacturer can use this option.
- In addition to the original certificate, it is now also possible to create an e-certificate
- The marking with the CQC logo has been deleted from the Implementation Rule. However, the CCC marking remains relevant for the product group.
We would be happy to inform you individually about the impact of the new regulations on your existing and future certifications.
Information on how CCC certification, CCC self-declaration or voluntary CQC and CCAP certification could affect your company, or information on CCC certification in general, can be found in our news section. There you will find up-to-date information twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details and advice. You can write to us by email or chat or call us at +49692713769150 (EU) or +1-773-654-2673 (US).
You can also check out our free CCC brochure, which you can download as a PDF file. (The brochure also contains information on the CCC Self-Declaration and voluntary CQC and CCAP certification).