HAF 604: China Plans to Build a Fleet of Floating Nuclear Power Plants10. March 2017
With the permission of the Chinese government the China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN) started building the first floating nuclear power plant in November of 2016. The expansion of the Chinese capacity to generate nuclear energy was already published in the last five-year plan in March of 2016. Designed in the form of large vessels several of these floating nuclear power plants are planned to be constructed by 2020. According to media reports, each vessel will cost up to 400 million Euro.
With the development and production of this nuclear power plant, China is aiming to provide clean energy and heat to remote islands and coastal areas. Existing diesel-powered generators are too inefficient. The floating nuclear power plants would have the advantage of providing a much more efficient energy supply in the long term with a planned output of 200Mwt per vessel.
China is also continuing to work on the expansion of nuclear power plants on the mainland with 36 nuclear power plants currently in operation. Another 21 are already under construction. Companies in the nuclear power industry can continue to expect continued growth potential in the Chinese nuclear market. The topic of HAF 604 certification for components of nuclear plants is an important issue for many manufacturers. For many years the Chinese market for nuclear equipment will continue to grow. The HAF 604 registration will enable exporters to export their products to China.
If you are interested in HAF 604 registration for the components of nuclear equipment, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- We will provide you with a non-binding check to see whether your products need HAF 604 Certification.
- We will provide you with a non-binding, transparent, all-inclusive quotation stating the costs and time needed to get the HAF 604 certification.
- We will take over all communications with the Chinese test lab and certification authorities.
- If product tests and a factory inspection by the NNSA are needed, we take over all the necessary steps.
- We pay all application fees and testing fees needed at the Chinese authorities.
- We will do everything to ensure you a smooth and quick HAF 604 Certification process.
We would like to help with any questions regarding the HAF 604 Certification or the Chinese nuclear market in general. Send us an Email or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673). It would be a pleasure to support you.