CFDA: Contribution to the clarification of outstanding issues regarding cosmetic products15. July 2016
To guarantee quality and safety in the production of cosmetics at a high level, there will be the following new requirements. In accordance with the supervision and management of cosmetic labeling authorizations they will be as follows:
- The cosmetics company has to implement the licensing system for production. The marking approval for the products will be valid for 5 years.
- All cosmetic products that have been registered in China from 1st January 2016 are subject to the supervision of the CFDA. The CFDA is responsible for auditing of the documents, as well as for issuing of permits for the labeling cosmetic products.
- Since 1st January 2016 you have to submit the new application to the local authorities “provincial food to drug regulatory authorities” and not to the national authorities.
- Through a unified management by the end of 2016 the renewal of certificates should be simplified.
- Note also that this announcement is also valid for marking permissions at the packaging of toothpastes.
- Cosmetic manufacturers can use their existing packaging until 30th June 2017. As of 1st July 2017 all cosmetic products must be labeled in accordance to the new labeling regulations.
It is expected that there will be more announcements, revisions and changes to the CFDA regulations in the near future. You will find updated information in our news section on our website, where we will keep you informed regarding official announcements.
Please do not hesitate to call (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673) or email and we will be happy to answer questions.