CCC: New Guidelines for the Illumination of Rear Registration Plates19. May 2015
The Chinese certification authority CQC (China Quality Certification Center) announced, that a new GB Standard (GB stands for Guobiao, or “National Standard”) for “photometric characteristics of devices for the illumination of rear registration plates of motor vehicles and their trailers” will be published.
The affected standards are: GB4785 (installation of the outdoor illumination on vehicles and their trailers), GB 15766.1 (bulb size and optical requirements) and ECE R37 (affects filament lamps in vehicles and their trailers). The ECE R37 was added as a normative reference.
The following points are important in regards to the illumination of rear registration plates:
- Trade name and trademark
- Optical attributes including entrance angle, luminous intensity and light distribution
Changes for the illumination of rear registration include:
- The angle of incidence of the illumination of the license plate
- The guidelines in regards to the different light sources used
- The illumination should not change the color of the plate significantly
- The brightness of measuring points have been changed
New testing guidelines include:
- The permissible voltage values by which the light source modules need to be tested
- The angle of incidence for the luminescence test the diffused reflection surface
- A revision in the permissible voltage values by which the photometric characteristics test must be performed
- The brightness test shall be conducted with a DC regulated power supply and the testing equipment will need to be in compliance with the national Guidelines
Are you looking for more information regarding new Chinese standards? Do you need more information regarding regulatory updates? If so, please call or email us anytime. We can be reached by phone (UK: +44 2071931135, EU: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673) or email for any questions or concerns you may have.
Also check our website if you want more information regarding CCC certification, the CCC certification process, CCC costs, and more information about our all-inclusive CCC certification package. You may want to look at our references page to see what some our clients have to say about us.
For more detailed information please download our free booklet “CCC Made Easy” here.
You may also consider our book “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be ordered directly on Amazon here.