CCC: New Details Published for the Certification of Extension Cables1. April 2016
According to the announcement No. 3 of the CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China) published January 8, 2016 additional GB standards have been released for plugs and sockets for domestic use and similar purposes. The new GB Standard, GB 2.099.7-2015 (“Plugs and Sockets for Domestic Use and Similar Purposes, part 2-7: Special Requirements for Sockets of Extension Cables”), was added to the Implementation Rule CNCA-C02-01:2014 and the old GB Standards GB 2099.1 and GB 1002/GB 1003. GB 2.099.7-2015 was announced on October 13, 2015 and will come into effect on April 14, 2017.
- Applicants with existing CCC certificates that are in accordance with the old standards can voluntarily choose to update to the new standard before April 13, 2017. Starting on April 14, 2017 CCC certification will be based on the new standard.
- The deadline to update existing certificates to the new standard is April 14, 2018.
- Certificates that are not updated by April 14, 2018 will be suspended and then cancelled, if they are not in complete compliance by July 14, 2018.
- For the update, a change application need to be submitted to CQC and new product tests need to be done according to GB 2.099.7-2015.
- Additional information needs to be written on the new certificates in accordance with the new GB Standard (e.g. part number, rated current and rated voltage).
- For products that are sold on the Chinese market before April 14, 2017, and that are not manufactured anymore, no action is needed.
Are you looking for more information regarding the updated GB Standards for adapters and extension bales? Do you have any questions about the application for certification modification? If so, please call or email us anytime. Write us an Email or call us: UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 692713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673.
Also check our website if you want more information regarding CCC certification, the CCC certification process, the CCC costs and more information about our all-inclusive CCC certification package. You may want to look at our references page to see what some our clients have to say about us.
For more detailed information, please download our free booklet “CCC Made Easy” here. You may also consider our book “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be ordered directly on Amazon here.