CCC: New Chinese Regulations for Audio and Video Products22. October 2014
The Chinese authority CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration) published 31 new regulations (“Implementation Rules”) affecting the CCC Certification of various products in July of 2014. Included in these new regulations are audio and video products, which will be subject to new certification requirements of the Implementation Rule for audio and video equipment (CNCA-C08-01-2014).
The changes of the certification requirements apply mainly to the following aspects:
- Changes of the applicable GB Standards
- Changes in the requirements for unit classification
- Changes in the application documents
- Changes in the certification time
Audio and video products, such as amplifiers, powered speakers, MP3 players, CD/DVD players, vision systems and display monitors must be certified in compliance with the new Implementation Rules. This will affect both applicant manufacturers and holders of valid certificates of certified products, which may need to be tested again.
The new Implementation Rules for audio and video products became effective on September 1, 2014. Manufacturers of these products will need to comply with the new regulatory changes, adjust their ongoing certification process and get their products re-tested if required.
For more detailed information please download our free booklet “CCC Made Easy” here. You may also consider our book “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be ordered directly on Amazon here.
China Certification Corporation consults manufacturers with every aspect of their certification for the Chinese market
- We provide information regarding regulatory changes and updates.
- Straightforward, transparent management of the certification process.
- All-inclusive consulting through our German, Chinese and US based offices.
- Important contacts to all relevant Chinese institutions.
- No Chinese language skills are required, we will handle all of the necessary communications with the certifying authorities and test labs for you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information on the Implementation Rules. Write us an Email or call us: Germany: +49 69 271 3769 150, UK: +44 2071931135,
US: +1 773 654 2673