CCC: Additional Regulations for Architectural Laminated Glass21. January 2016
In the fourth quarter of 2015 the AQSIQ made random inspections of architectural laminated glass used in buildings. Their findings showed higher risks than were originally accounted for in their initial certifications. Due to these results some additional regulations were implemented specifically in the areas of procurement of raw materials.
For the procurement of the intermediate layer (PVB, EVA, EN and other films) manufacturers are now required to clarify exact specifications (eg. for PVB film, the specifications should not be less than JC/T 2166-2016 “laminated glass with polyvinyl butyral (PVB) film”).
For the procurement of other raw materials manufacturers should check to make sure that they meet the GB Standard 15763.3 “safety glass for buildings – part 3: laminated glass”.
There are many other changes to the regulation which affect:
- The storage of raw material at the factory
- The curvature of monolithic glass
- The factory inspection
- The monitoring of production process
- The product tests (especially for heat resistance according to GB 15763.3)
If manufacturers cannot provide test samples with the required size of 300mm*300mm (possibly due to technical limitations), test samples up to 300mm*500mm can now be accepted. Larger test samples cannot be accepted due to the limits of the testing equipment.
The certification authority the CQC may also request additional random sample tests to be done at a later time to test for heat resistance and humidity resistance of the construction steel for monolithic glass.
Information regarding CCC certification, the certification process and their associated costs can be found on our website. There you will also find details regarding our all-inclusive certification package and a general expected time frame. Take a look at our references section for a list of some of our clients and what they are saying about us. For more detailed information, please download our free booklet “CCC Made Easy” here. You may also consider our book “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be ordered directly on Amazon here.
You may also consider our book “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be ordered directly on Amazon here.
China Certification consults you for certificates for the Chinese market:
• Straightforward, transparent handling of the certification process
• All-inclusive consulting through our German, Chinese and US based offices
• Regular updates and information regarding the certification progress
• Important contacts to all relevant Chinese institutions
• No Chinese language skills required, we will handle all of the necessary communications with the certifying authorities and test labs for you
Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (UK: +44 2071931135,
US: +1 773 654-2673, GER: +49-69-2713769150) or email us with any questions you may have.