Adjustment of the CCC catalog regarding Li-Ion batteries, power supplies and other products22. September 2022
On September 17, 2022 the General Office of the State Council of the PRC issued a new announcement on the adjustment of the CCC catalog. Lithium-ion batteries and power supplies/chargers with high safety risks will be included in the mandatory certification management (CCC certification), while mandatory CCC will no longer be required for 9 product categories such as data terminals, multimedia terminals, audio power amplifiers and other products with low safety risks and more mature technology (see Appendix 1).
The State Council hereby submits an opinion on adjusting and optimizing the compulsory certification procedures and conducting factory inspections before certification according to the “double random, one disclose ” method (Random selection of inspection objects, random selection of law enforcement inspectors, promptly disclosed to the public).
Other important topics of the announcement are the scientific and reasonable determination of the frequency of post-certification supervision and inspection in combination with factors such as enterprise credit status and product quality, national supervision and random inspection, and strengthening product consistency supervision and inspection. Vehicles and components must be awarded a CCC certificate in order for the products to be exported to China or manufactured locally.
Products removed from the CCC catalog (9 types):
- active loudspeaker systems with one or more loudspeakers with a maximum output power below 500 W (R.M.S.) (0801).
- audio power amplifiers (0802)
- various carrier forms of audio and video recording, reproducing, and processing equipment (including various types of optical discs, tapes, hard disks, and other carrier forms) (0805, 0812)
- electronic piano (0813)
- cordless telephone terminal equipment (1604)
- data terminal (1608)
- multimedia terminal (1609)
- intruder detector (1901)
- controls for anti-theft alarm systems (1902)
Products to be included in the mandatory certification management (2 categories)
- lithium-ion batteries, battery packs and mobile power supplies used in electronic and electrical products
- power adapters/chargers for telecommunications terminal equipment.
If you have any questions regarding the planned CCC certification of any of these products, please do not hesitate to contact us. Currently there are no implementing regulations for the certification of the new products. However, we will be pleased to keep you informed.
The products that were previously subject to certification may qualify for voluntary certification in the future by the CQC. Please contact us if you are interested.