New GB 4660-2016 Mandatory from January 2019 for All Front Fog Lamps16. August 2018
The new GB standard, GB 4660-2016, for the light distribution of front fog lamps for motor vehicles was implemented on January 1, 2017, and replaced the old standard GB 4660-2007. In order to ensure the effective implementation of the CCC certification system, the TC11 Technical Group has issued “Technical Decisions Adapting the Standards for CCC Certification of Vehicles and Vehicle Components” (TC11-2017-02). In accordance with the “Notice on CCC certification issues at the time of the standard revision” (CNCA Announcement No. 18, 2015) and the “Notice of Relevant Requirements for Revision of the CCC Certification” (CNCA Announcement No. 4, 2012), the following implementation plan has been formulated for the new GB standard:
- For new applications for CCC certification of front fog lamps, tests have to be done according to the new GB standard GB 4660-2016 starting from January 1, 2019.
- For fog lights that have been certified before January 1, 2017, there is a transitional period. If the certificate holders wish to update the GB standard on the certificate and the older type approval fog lamp between 2015 and 2017 meets the TC11 Technical Requirements, the change to the certificate may be made without additional difference tests to the new GB 4660-2016. If the type test was carried out according to the old GB standard only, a full type test according GB 4660-2016 is necessary when changing the certificate to the new standard.
- From January 1, 2022 newly certified front fog lamps must meet the requirements of class F3.
- Certified front fog lamps produced before January 1, 2017, sold on the Chinese market and end of production do not require a certificate update.
- After testing is completed in accordance with GB 4660-2016 the results have to be transmitted by the responsible test laboratories immediately to the CNCA and the respective certification authority.
For all car manufacturers the CCC certification is a challenge when entering the Chinese market.
For more information on how CCC certification may affect your company, or for more information about CCC certification in general, the process, and the associated costs, please visit our website and our News Section where you will find current updates twice a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
You can also check out our free CCC-Brochure, which can be downloaded right here as a PDF file or you consult our book (in English) “A Brief Guide to CCC: China Compulsory Certification”, which can be found directly here on Amazon.