New GB Standard GB 18384-2020 about Electric Vehicles Safety Requirements10. December 2020
The Chinese authority SAC (Standardization Administration of the People’s Republic of China) has published a new Standard GB 18384-2020, which will be effective from January 1, 2021. The new Standard is replacing the former Standard GB/T 18384.1-2015 “Electrically propelled road vehicles – Safety specifications – Part 1: On-board rechargeable energy storage system (REESS)”, GB/T 18384.2-2015 2015 “Electrically propelled road vehicles – Safety specifications – Part 2:Vehicle operational safety means and protection against failures”, and GB/T 18384.3-2015 “Electrically propelled road vehicles – Safety specifications – Part 3: Protection of persons against electric shock“, and is the valid standard for Chinese Electric Vehicle certification. This standard has been updated in accordance to the latest international technology standard, specifically referring to the UN GTR No.20, and is modified in combination with the technical level, application scenarios and testing experience of domestic Chinese products. Electric Vehicles in China must obtain a mandatory CCC certification.
The main changes in GB 18384-2020 are:
- The high-voltage warning mark has been modified.
- Exemption requirements for top charging devices have been added.
- Monitoring of insulation resistance has changed from being an optional requirement to a mandatory requirement.
- Parts of capacitive coupling requirements have been modified.
- Waterproof requirements have been added to both whole vehicle and components.
- REESS thermal event alarm requirements were added.
- Measurement methods for insulation resistance were modified.
- A verification test has been added to the insulation monitoring function.
- A formula for the calculation of the electric quantity stored in the Y capacitor has been added.
Are you interested in getting more information regarding the new GB Standard GB 18384-2020 for electric vehicles? Do you have any questions about the application for certification modification? If so, please call or email us anytime. Write us an Email or call us: UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 692713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673.
Also check our website if you want more information regarding CCC certification, the CCC certification process, CCC costs, and more information about our all-inclusive CCC certification package. You may want to look at our references page to see what some our clients have to say about us.